Privacy and Notification of Data Collection Statement
Our organisation and obligations
National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty ABN: 17 129 102 496 / ACN: 129 102 496 is a leading entity providing the Real Estate Industry with a diverse range of services and products. We are bound by the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). The APPs regulate the way we handle personal information. The Privacy Act does not apply to handling of information that is not related to individuals such as information about corporations.
* National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty collects your personal information so that we can perform our various functions and activities. National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty also collects your personal information if the law requires us to collect it.
* To access our products or services or for employment, National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty may collect and hold information from you or your associated corporation such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card and bank account details, date of birth and place of work.
* If National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty does not collect all or some of your personal information, we may not be able to assist or provide you with a product or service eg brokerage services, provide support or a service under a Licence or Service Agreement, deliver training or industry products or employ you.
* National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty collects most personal information directly from you or the corporation you are associated with such as your past or current Employer or Franchisor. As examples, you or the organisation provide us with your information by various methods such as in person, fill in a form, deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter, email or text message, use our website or social media, give us your business card or contact details at conferences, Trade Exhibits, events or meetings or by various other methods of engagement. Other data about you may be collected from public information such as websites, social media, Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC), Government Departments eg Fair Trading’s Licence Check webpage.
* Sensitive information is not collected unless you give the information to us and require us to know the information.
Use of data
We may use and disclose personal information we collect about you for several purposes including:
* to consider your request for a product or service
* to enable us to provide a product or service requested and tell you about other products and services that may interest you
* to identify you
* for employment processes
* direct marketing
* to assist in arrangements with other organisations in relation to promotion or provision of a product or service
* to manage systems and perform other administrative and operational tasks, including risk management, system development and testing, staff training, collecting debts and market or customer satisfaction research related to our functions and activities
* to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty and/or to manage any legal action between you and National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty
* to prevent or investigate any actual or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct; and
* as required by relevant laws, regulations and codes of practice
National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty may need to disclose your information to a third party as relevant to the particular service or product, function or activity that National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty performs. Third parties may include but are not limited to: Independent Contractors or Licensees performing functions or services on behalf of National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty, Financiers, Solicitors, Others as authorised by you eg to contact your employment references, your Superannuation Company, Work Cover, Insurers, other industry and related service providers, Guest Speakers or Trainers presenting at our events you attend, Valuers, Franchisors, Accountants, Receivers, Debt Collectors, as required by a legal Order or by Law eg Australian Taxation Office.
We need your consent before we can use or disclose your information in our marketing. Likewise we need your consent if we need to use your information for a purpose that is not related to the purpose for which we collected your information in the first place as detailed in this Notification. Depending on the circumstances, this consent may be express (for example, you expressly agree to the specific use of your information by ticking a box) or implied by some action you take or do not take (for example, your agreement is implied by the fact that you have agreed to our product terms and conditions which contains information about the use of disclosure).
Access, correction and complaints
National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty may need to disclose your information to organisations located overseas. These overseas organisations perform a range of technology functions to provide a database storage service and administrative support on behalf of National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty. These entities are located in the following countries:
USA / Phillipines
When we disclose your information overseas we are required to take measures to ensure your information is treated in accordance with the standards that apply in Australia.
How to contact National Property Exchange Pty Ltd T/As NPEX Realty
You may contact us by phone on 07 3103 3297 or email email@example.com